Many translation agencies charge per word for translation. The simplest way to get a word count for your Gomo course, so you can get an estimate in advance, is to download the free Virtaal basic XLIFF text editor from https://virtaal.translatehouse.org.
Steps to get a Word Count
- Open the course in Gomo Authoring and select Translation Export (XLIFF) in the Actions dropdown
- Set the Target language to be the same as the Current language then click Continue
- Open the XLIFF zip and download/extract the files from the zip
- Load Virtaal and search for the unzipped XLIFF files by selecting Open
- Select the unzipped file and click Open
- Selecting FIle and choosing "Properties" will give you a word count for that file
Each topic has its own XLIFF file plus there are some which apply to all topics such as localization-localization.xliff which you'll also want to translate.
Most people ignore the localaiztion-errors.xliff file since that just contains technical warning and error messages.