Question Asset - Dropdown on Graphic Follow
Dropdown on Graphics > Description
Allows the learner to choose options from a number of drop-down list items positioned on top of an image. Each drop-down list supports one correct item
- Add a Dropdown on Graphic asset to a screen in your project. Find the Dropdown on Graphic asset in the ‘Question’ list & drag the asset into a content block in the screen
- (Optional) Add 3 subscreens to that screen (one for each type of feedback: Initial Incorrect, Incorrect & Correct). To add a subscreen right-click on the screen title and select ‘Add subscreen’
- (Optional) Add text assets to each of the subscreens and populate feedback for each scenario (Initial Incorrect, Incorrect & Correct)
- (Optional) Use the Navigation and Tracking options in the subscreen properties to choose how the subscreen will appear. You can do this through the Subscreen Type and Alignment fields
- On the main screen, Double-click on the Dropdown on Graphic asset to begin editing content
- This will load the Dropdown on Graphic Content screen where you can edit the following details;
Number of attempts: The number of attempt a Learner can have to answer the question
Weighting: Specific to SCORM output but not mandatory. Certain LMS providers allow weighting values to be added to questions. Weighted questions can be assigned greater value than non-weighted questions
Associated Question Text: Specific to SCROM 2004 & xAPI but not mandatory. This will display the question text in a SCORM 2004/xAPI output
CORRECT OPTION NUMBER: Specify numerically which answer in each Dropdown option is correct
DROPDOWN OPTIONS: The answers that will appear when viewing the Dropdown List.
HOTSPOT: The positioning of each list on the image. This can be done by altering the Top/Left Co-ordinate options for each Dropdown list OR you can click on the 'Set co-ords' button which will open the 'Item positioning inspector'. From here you can manually assign the position of the Dropdown List
This is the information that will be displayed when the Learner has answered the question and selected 'Confirm'. There are 3 fields which can be populated;
- Correct: The feedback that will appear when the Learner answers the question correctly
- Initial Incorrect Feedback: If more than one attempt can be made to answer the question then this feedback will appear when the Learner answers incorrectly.
- Final Attempt Feedback: The feedback that will appear when the Learner has answered the question incorrectly and can make no more attempts
Feedback can be displayed in two forms;
- Basic: Simple text feedback that will appear in the form of a popup
- Advanced: Link the feedback to a subscreen.
Article is closed for comments.