Question Asset - Text Input Follow
The Text Input asset allows the user to enter text, following which a selected sub-screen can be shown as feedback. The asset can either be used as a free text field to gather custom Learner information OR as a question within an assessment that has specific correct answer/s
- Add a Text Input asset to a screen in your project. Find the Text Input asset in the ‘Question’ list & drag the asset into a content block in the screen
- Add a standard Text asset to above the Text Input asset with the question you would like to ask
- Populate the Initial text field to provide details of the action the Learner must take
- Populate the Correct answer field with list of potential correct answers
- Note that answers are not case-sensitive.
- If there is more than one correct answer to the question then you can separate answers using the following value ||. For example, 'one||two||three'.
- If you are using the asset to gather custom Learner information then you can leave the Correct answer field blank
- If you are using the asset as a question then you can also populate the FEEDBACK fields. You can either populate the Basic or Advanced feedback. Please note Advanced feedback allows you to link to a subscreen. You will need to add a subscreen to the screen containing the Text Input asset to use this feature
Track in Assessment Results: If the asset is being used as a question in an Assessment then set this to be Yes
Number of attempts: The number of attempts a Learner can have to answer the question
Weighting: Specific to SCORM output but not mandatory. Certain LMS providers allow weighting values to be added to questions. Weighted questions can be assigned greater value than non-weighted questions
Format: Choose how the answers to the question can be written in the Correct answer field. Either on a single line or multiple lines
Associated Question Text: Specific to SCROM 2004 & xAPI but not mandatory. This will display the question text in a SCORM 2004/xAPI output
Top tip 1: User input and set Answers are not case sensitive.
Top tip 2: To add more than one possible answer separate answers with ||. For example, 'one||two||three'.
Article is closed for comments.