Release notes for December 2020 - version 3.31.9 - 3.32.1
- Theme Logo option. You can now add Header/Footer Logos to your Gomo courses! Please follow our guide in the Knowledge Base Article for additional information
Release notes for November 2020 - version 3.31.6 - 3.31.9
- Stability Improvements
Release notes for October 2020 - version 3.31.0 - 3.31.6
- Language List improvements. The language list now displays in alphabetical order.
- New languages added. These include Amharic (am_ET), Bengali (bn), Burmese (my), Farsi (fa), Khmer (km), Swahili (sw).
Release notes for September 2020 - version 3.30.3 - 3.31.0
- New Tabs asset. The Tabs asset allows you to show a number of icons & title headings on a screen. Each icon has text content associated with it. When you select one of the icons, the associated text content will display. Please refer to our Knowledge Base Article for additional information.
- New Theme Management features. These include the option to delete existing unused themes and see where theme are in use.
Release notes for July 2020 - version 3.29.0 - 3.30.3
New Gomo Support Desk
As a result you’ll notice that the previous 'Ticket tab' has been replaced with a Support tab.
The first time this is selected the email address associated with the Gomo Authoring account will receive an activation email where you add you password and receive access.
This has ensured that new features can be applied, like the ability to download the tickets into a spreadsheet or add files to the support ticket. This includes screenshots or videos to help our support agents revolve your issue or question quicker.
Also, support article suggestions are presented when completing the subject area field. This ensures that relevant learning resources are available when you need them.
New Gomo UI: A little background info...
The visual design of Gomo has been around since 2014 and whilst we’ve added loads of features and capabilities to the product since then, the ‘look and feel’ has remained the same.Based on your highly-valued feedback, a desire to implement a modern design language and also improve the experience for new and existing users alike, we have implemented this brand new look and feel for Gomo Authoring. In addition to improving the existing product and features that you use today, the new UI also enables us to further extend the capabilities of Gomo as part of our ongoing development roadmap.
For a quick tour of the new interface, please do check out the overview video below to see the new UI in full flow, with narration provided by our very own Huw Edwards and his always warm tones!⇒ Watch the reveal video
A few changes you can expect to see:
We have undertaken a complete refresh of the entire interface, editing windows, tidying elements and rethinking the placement of specific options to improve consistency and ease-of-use.
The main topic editor has been reworked to have a less technical, less intimidating appearance.
We now make wider use of images and simple animations (e.g. rollover effects on key categories) where appropriate.
We have redesigned our course creation wizard, making it more helpful for newcomers.
We have written more orientation messaging to help explain the function of key screens.
We have repainted the interface with colour choices and graphic design more in keeping with our current, modernised branding.
Smaller inconsistencies with padding and positioning have been addressed across the interface.
Release notes for June 2020 - version 3.28.4 - 3.29.0
New option for randomising the order of question items
When adding a question asset to a screen, there's the option to randomise the order of items that may appear in a question when re-attempting a question. This applies to the following assets:
- Graphical Multiple Choice
- Multiple Choice
- Select from List
- Dropdown List
- Dropdown on Graphics
Release notes for May 2020 - version 3.28.0 - 3.28.4
Video Background Alignment Options
Now the video background options provide the same level of customisation as previous background images via the theme Global settings menu.
Release notes for April 2020 - version 3.27.0 - 3.28.0
File Name Conventions
You can now use multimedia with file names which include spaces and special characters.
Release notes for March 2020 - version 3.27.0
We have introduced a new validation check when saving your content in the Gomo Editor. Please refer to our knowledgebase article for further information.
Release notes for February 2020 - version 3.26.13 - 3.27
We have released our knowledge base support widget with dynamic search capabilities
Release notes for January 2020 - version 3.26.12 - 3.26.16
Alignment options for assets
We have released further improvements, which provide additional alignment options for the assets below:
- Hotspot Image
- Zoomable Image
- Graphical MCQ & SFL
- Dropdown list
- Image Button
- Menu Button
- Copy Screen
- You can now copy and paste screens (and their associated subscreens) from one topic to another.
Please note there are a couple of limitations:
- Variables/Display conditions relating to other assets/screens etc are not currently copied
- You cannot copy just a sunscreen on its own
We will be investigating future improvements.
- Question actions
- Single mode for now, but you can now set an action when user answers question (e.g. move to next page). We want to extend this to support different states in the future (e.g. if correct do something, if incorrect do something else) but the baseline capability is now there.
- Audio asset enhancements
The audio asset has been updated to support the following:
- Actions (on completion)
- Config controls to choose which playbar items appear